Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
The parish of Kirkburton: All Hallows is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs.
The Diocese of Leeds’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children’s or Adults’ Services.
Promoting a Safer Church
Sandra Delamere, Parish Safeguarding Officer – Telephone: 07711 763338
Paul Howatson, Church Warden – Telephone: 07830 745747
Carla Darbyshire, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor – Telephone: 07399 809732
Kirklees Council – Telephone: 01484 221000
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for carers/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those who may pose a present risk.